Decision day

Today was a big day for the Loewenstern team, they selected their summer projects and started working on them, reviewing the literature and previous work performed by Cántaro.  Ana and Melissa even held a mini-brainstorming session à la ENGI 120 to design a siphon valve for the constructed wetland for wastewater treatment!

Loewenstern fellows hard at work (Yifei, Jayaker, Hafsa, Melissa, and Ana)

The day started really well, I took my last morning walk before departing tomorrow morning, and was at Taniperla for breakfast when I read back from Talia, who asked me to take a photo of my meal if I went back to the restaurant, so I did–sorry, Talia, it was too early for menú del día, but the enchiladas Lacandonas were incredible!

Enchiladas Lacandonas and jugo rojo (beets, orange, carrot & turmeric) at Taniperla

After Cántaro, I returned home and started reading the horrible news out of Uvalde, and, just then, it started pouring, it rained for over an hour and the streets flooded (watch here some San Cris-style rain, made me think of home…)  Because of the flooding, the Loewenstern team and I had to cancel our dinner together 🙁

Overall, this was a very enjoyable trip, and the Loewenstern team is off to a great start.  So, I will leave San Cris with great memories and excited to see what the team will develop this summer!

Finally, some pictures from the walk this morning, enjoy!

Andador y Arco del Carmen (1677)

Ex-convento del Carmen

Intersection in Barrio de La Merced

Plaza de la Merced

Iglesia y Ex-convento de la Merced

Taniperla mural reproduction

One Response

1. Hafsa Ahsan at |

Thank you so much Dr Loyo for introducing us to San Cris!

Reply